Monday 30 July 2012

Water For Elephants - Review




What the book bit says....

As a young man Jacob Jankowski was tossed by fate onto a rickety train that was home to the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth. 
It was the early part of the great depression in America and for jacob the circus was both his salvation and a living hell. A veterinary student just shy of a degree,he was put in charge of caring of the circus menagerie. It was there that he met Marlena,the beautiful equestrian star married to August,the charismatic but twisted animal trainer. And he met Rosie an untraineable elephant who was the great gray hope for the third -rate travelling show. The bond that grew among this unlikely trio was ultimately their only hope for survival.

What I say...
This was one of the few books I read while on holiday,it was actually the villa's book,but I will definitely be buying it for myself and re reading it again and again

The first time I opened the book,five mintues later I put it down again and said to myself 'not my type of book" but you know the old saying "never judge a book by its cover" and well true dat.

Once you begin to under stand the story and get into it,you don't want to do anything else than read it and luckily enough for me I did have that luxury.
The story starts of with an event that puzzles you and that's were maybe I was put off by it but when you get through that page or so,you realise that its not the first chapter,its just an insight 

The first chapter begin with an old man telling you about him,what his age is and how age creeps up on you
Although the book switches from on chapter to another,young to old,which you may lead you to some confusion at first,it does create the feeling of someone telling you the story

I'm not going to tell you what happens because that will defy the purpose of you going out and buying the book.
The front cover is of the cinematic version of the book,I am yet to watch it but I am itching to get my hands on it.
Overall this book is utterly amazing,the story is capativing and makes you want yo read more and more and leaves you thinking about it for days after wards...I know I was
The book has comedy,excitement and romance,everything you could want in a good book.

I didn't ever think I would be doing a book review but after reading water for elephants,I just had to tell the world how good it was.

This is a definite page turner and I'm looking forward to see how the movie contrasts to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment